Monday, August 14, 2006

Mooning the bridge


Mooning the bridge
Originally uploaded by norbography.
A forum I am a member of has a monthly photo comp, and this month the topic is bridges. So off I went to try and capture the ANZAC bridge from a new angle at night with a wide angle lense.

It proved to be a bit more difficult than I imagined. Firstly, I was standing in mud the whole time. The tripod kept moving and getting it level was a chore. But I wanted it to be where it was so as I could get the moon reflected in the puddle just in front of the camera.

Once I had the camera set up, it was quite difficult to try and get the exposure right and as you can see by the bridge, I didnt acheive it at all.

One thing I am finding I am having alot of trouble with, is focusiing at night. Auto focus is bloody hopeless, and to be honest, I am not much better.

Whether I will actually enter this shot or not in this months comp is still undecided. I might have another crack at it, but I wont have the moon as full as it was on this night.

No comments: